What if I am new to Canada?
Being pregnant as a newcomer to Canada can be a time of joy and celebration. It can also be a time of uncertainty filled with many questions. In a new country with new adjustments, the Pregnancy Care Centre can help so you are not alone.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have health coverage — can I still come?
- Yes, all our services are free and confidential. We do not require a health card or health coverage for our services. Simply call or text us at 416-229-2607 to book an appointment.
Medical expenses are high and I don’t have health coverage. How can I do this?
- We are here to help you navigate the healthcare system.
- We can assist you with medical referrals for bloodwork and ultrasound after a positive, urine-based pregnancy test in one of our offices with the purpose of dating and confirming pregnancy. Should you not have health insurance, we can help with the expenses associated with these tests
- We can help connect you to free bloodwork as well as connect you with healthcare professionals that will work with you.
- We know medical expenses are a concern. We are here to help you through this! Make an appointment to speak with a Support Worker to find out more. Call or text at 416-229-2607.
My family is not here. How can I do this?
- We know having your family here would mean a lot and that you may feel lonely, especially in this time when you may be experiencing an unexpected pregnancy. We are here for you. You are not alone.
- Our support workers will listen to your concerns and will help you get connected to community resources and people who will be there to walk alongside you through your pregnancy.
I am an international student and don’t know what to do. Can you help?
- If you are undecided, we can go through your options with you of abortion, adoption, and parenting so that you can have the information you need to make an informed decision.
- We can help you with barriers you are facing, such as:
- Navigating the healthcare system and connecting you with medical professionals, even if you do not have health coverage
- Connecting you with other international students who have been where you are now
- Connecting you with a community of support resources
I don’t have a doctor. What do I do?
- We can assist you with medical referrals for bloodwork and ultrasound after a positive, urine-based pregnancy test in one of our offices with the purpose of dating and confirming pregnancy. Should you not have health insurance, we can help with the expenses associated with these tests.
- We can connect you to a medical professional who will care for you throughout your pregnancy.
- Give us a call or text to learn more at 416-229-2607.
Contact Us for an Appointment